Healthcare Spending Account (HCSA)

Here is the procedure for registering on the Canada Life site and submitting requests for reimbursement of medical, dental, eye care or drug expenses.  If you have a private health insurance plan, the annual premium you pay is also an eligible expense.

Go to  There you can consult the "Welcome package" which explains the steps to follow to register for online services and submit expenses (forms are included at the end), as well as "FAQ" which explain what you need to know about the plan.

There are two steps to follow:

1. Subscribe to GroupNet (first time only)

2. Log in to submit a claim

Step 1. Register for GroupNet

Select the red box "GroupNet for plan members", "Register" and then "Guarantees" and enter the following information:

  • Plan number: 177714
  • Participant ID number: This is your previous employee number preceded by 100 or 1000 to make a total of 9 digits. (For example, employee number 65222 becomes 100065222.)
  • Enter your usual email address and create a password.
  • You will need to enter personal information such as your date of birth.
  • At this stage, you can opt to receive your refunds by direct deposit into your bank account; if this is your choice, you must provide your banking information.

Step 2. Log in to submit a claim

You have the choice of submitting your claims online or submitting them by mail.

To submit them online, you must upload the receipts.

If you prefer to submit your claims by mail, the forms can be found in fillable PDF format at the links below and you must include the original receipts. Remember that the "Plan Name" is uOttawa and the "Plan Number" is 177714, then check which Account to use in the box at the top of the form.

- Healthcare expenses               - Dentalcare expenses

If you do not subscribe to the Healthcare Plan, be sure to check the box "From Healthcare Spending Account Only" to obtain your reimbursements for the credits allocated to you every year, $300 per year. In addition, if you have not fully used your credit of $300 the previous year, the balance will be added to the credit for the current year.

For any questions, contact Canada Life at 1 833 794-0225

ATS line: 1 800 990-6654 (7 a.m. to 6 p.m.)

You can also send an email to